GUARD YOUR HEART

The world is filled with many distractions, and if you are not careful you will most certainly find yourself overwhelmed with what others have for you to do, rather than what is best for you.

 The last time I was in the hospital, I was in/out there for about 2Months. I had a lot of test and observations. While there, I talked to a lot of doctors and heard a lot of different prognosis, suggestions and advice. I made a declaration to myself at that moment; I would only choose to do what was best for me. I had already begun to do an inner work on myself, but when I returned home from the hospital, I was different. I realized I was the one who was physically going through the annoyances that comes along with this illness. The people with so much to say as to how I should treat my condition, where either doctors, people who are never around during the struggle (including family), or individuals who have never experienced my struggle. I am the only one who has to deal with my decision regardless of how right or wrong it may seem to others, so I might as well do what works best for me.

These lessons I learned, I did not learn overnight. It took a lot of crying, frustration and finally obedience to God, in order to find my place of peace. God knows what is best for us in our lives and He will show us exactly, what we need to be doing, when we need to do it. However, it is up to us to guard the matters of our heart and grow to be better people.

 

Proverbs 4:23: Above all else guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it!

Comments

Popular Posts