Devotion _ 11/13/24

 A Disciple becomes a partner with Jesus Christ by grace through faith, exchanging sin and death for life in him. (Water baptism)

This transformation is marked by a transition from sin and spiritual death to new life in Christ. 

The term "partner" here means that the disciple isn’t just a follower but shares in Christ's mission and purpose, empowered by His love and teachings.

Grace through Faith: "By grace through faith" means that salvation and the forgiveness of sins are given freely by God’s grace and are received through faith. This faith is a trust in Christ's sacrifice and resurrection as sufficient for salvation, acknowledging that human efforts alone cannot earn or achieve it.

Water Baptism: Water baptism is a symbolic act that signifies this transition

This is believer's new life in alignment with Jesus’s teachings and mission.

Rest and Work

Human beings need a rhythm of work and rest in order to live up to their God-given potential.

Many people have ceased to attempt to balance work with rest.

Why we can't rest;
  1. Our need for paycheck
  2. Caring for children /parents
  3. Lack of fulltime employment
  4. Needs and expectations
If not rested you will mislead other people's motives negatively. 35% of our workforce have a work related stress. Stress strains relationships also.

“Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest.”  Matthew 11:28

For only we who believe can enter his rest. As for the others, God said, “In my anger I took an oath: 'They will never enter my place of rest,'” even though this rest has been ready since he made the world.Hebrews 4:3

When I tried to obey the laws in the Scriptures, those laws killed me. As a result, I live in a relationship with God. I have been crucified with Christ. I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live I live by believing in God’s Son, who loved me and took the punishment for my sins. Galatians 2:19-20

Comments

Popular Posts